Monday, January 20, 2014

Halfway through January!

 I thought I would check in with my readers and see how it is going with the New Year's Resolutions. I would love to hear from anyone who has some ideas on how to make their resolutions stick. I, for one have not had much luck. I resolved to do less complaining but I am beginning to wonder if to complain is just human nature. When I really look at my life I have it pretty good. I live in a lovely neighborhood, I'm healthy, and I have friends. When there is something that we complain about constantly it's either time to change it or just accept it.

Maybe the key to our resolutions is to give ourselves a break. There is no point in beating ourselves up for slipping. That never accomplished anything. If we resolved to exercise everyday but we miss a day or two, there is always tomorrow, right?

 "To err is human, to forgive is divine." Why not apply that to ourselves? When we feel ourselves slipping in our resolves, we can look around and take pleasure in having friends, family, and the chance to start a new day, tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment