Monday, July 15, 2013

Smelling this herb might help improve your memory.

Rosemary has a long history of being linked to memory-enhancing properties. Carnosol, the main chemical in rosemary oil has been linked with brain performance, according to researchers in the United Kingdom. Research has found that rosemary has neuroprotective properties that may protect against Alzheimer's disease and even normal memory loss that happens with aging.

If you have a small rosemary plant in your kitchen, I would suggest taking of few snifts of this herb whenever you walk by, in addition to cooking with it, it might enhance your mood as well as flavor your food. Use it to flavor soups, sauces, and meats. I like to slice potatoes thinly, place on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle rosemary on top. As the potatoes bake the smell of rosemary will begin to prevail in your kitchen.

Rosemary has been used as a natural remedy for migraines. pain relief for arthritis, sore muscles, and has anti-inflammatory properties. I used to make a rosemary rinse for my hair as I believed it would keep my brunette hair dark. Well that didn't actually work but I do have a thick head of hair and rosemary is believed to speed hair growth. So there you go, as my silver tresses grow quite fast, I am a frequent visitor to my hairdresser to keep my pixie cut in check.








No comments:

Post a Comment